Let me throw some numbers at you.
Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine on the planet, processing more than 3 billion searches by just over 2 billion users a month? Not only is it the second largest search engine, but it’s also the second most popular social media platform to date.
With Cisco predicting that video traffic will grow to 82% by 2022 – it’s definitely worth a look in. Especially if you can offer a good amount of voice/speech! Considering its reach, it should come as no surprise that YouTube is very popular amongst marketers, with 78.8% of marketers considering it to be the most effective platform for video marketing (GO Globe, 2019), with only 58.5% of marketing professionals rating the video marketing efforts of Facebook, “the king of social media”.
As for the user side of YouTube, 90.9% of US internet users aged 18 to 44 years of age, are active users. Interestingly enough, 51% of elderly people over 75 who use the internet, also watch videos on YouTube. (Oberlo, 2020)
According to YouTube themselves, people everyday watch 1 billion hours of videos on YouTube. If we do the math, if every single person on earth watched a video, that’s approx 8.4minutes per day, per person (YouTube, 2019).
These are all crazy figures. So I ask, with YouTube being Google’s second best-performing search engine on the planet – are you leveraging the power of YouTube SEO for your business?
My top reasons why?
- YouTube videos are automatically indexed by Google on upload
- Properly captioned videos have a higher search rank
- Better user engagement – we all love a video 💕
- Google themselves are spruiking it, with current “advice” being, if you don’t have a website, get a YouTube channel
- YouTube gives you a way to rank on mobile device searches, at present all SEO data for websites are based on what is searched via desktop
And if you aren’t using YouTube, here are some handy tips to get you started -
- Say your target keyword in your videos
- Take the time to properly caption your videos
- Use meaningful titles and metadata that includes your key search terms
- Put a transcript in your video descriptions
- Translate your video and offer multiple language subtitles
- Link your website back to your YouTube channel
To register for my upcoming YouTube SEO freebie series, click the button below.
Have a fab day everyone! xx